We can’t wait to cook up a storm in these lightweight carbon steel skillets, and here’s why: Each pan comes from a Dutch maker that’s been crafting cookware since 1851 (yep). The sleek metal surface heats quickly and evenly for no-fuss frying, searing, and sautéing, and it’s tough enough for even our metal utensils. Plus, it develops a natural nonstick patina over time...aka it’ll get slicker with every use. It’s also got a cast-iron handle that’s a treat to hold, and when it’s done whizzing through meal prep, it’s a snap to clean—just use hot water and a soft sponge.
Celebrated by chefs everywhere, carbon steel provides exceptional browning and searing, weighs a fraction of cast iron, is more heat responsive than cast iron for faster, more even heating and, best of all, gets better with each use!
Every time you use these remarkable skillets, they become darker, forming a layer of patina, which naturally improves their durability and nonstick properties—they’re virtually indestructible.
BK Black Steel is tough, lightweight and winner of the 2019 Red Dot Award for design.
Three times denser than aluminum, hot-rolled black steel is even stronger and more durable than traditional gray carbon steel, and with a thickness of 2mm, these skillets were made to conduct heat incredibly well and last for generations.
They’re are extremely resistant to corrosion, damage and stains thanks to a high-temperature black iron oxide layer and are safe for use with metal utensils.
Their coated cast iron handles are securely attached with rivets and shaped for comfort.
BK Black Steel is naturally pre-seasoned with oil during the production process. This cookware ships with a thin silicone wax coating that’s much easier to remove than a thick layer of beeswax or grease, so it’s ready to use after a quick wash with soap.
Cleaning is as simple pouring on hot water, wiping, then drying. BK has a rich history of innovation.
- Since 1851, BK is the Royal Founder of the Dutch oven and known throughout at the world for a heritage of innovation.
- Black Steel is three times denser than aluminum, corrosion and stain resistant, as well as stronger and more durable than traditional grey carbon steel
- Pre-seasoned with oil, this pan ships with a thin silicone wax coating that’s much easier to remove than a thick layer of beeswax or grease, so it’s ready to use after a quick wash with soap.
- Designed to develop a natural nonstick patina layer, this is a pan for life. The more you use it, the better and more nonstick it becomes.
- The heat-responsive design means you get the same great searing results as cast iron without the hassle.
- Metal utensil safe, oven safe up to 600°F